“SINCE 1886”… Our family business started five generations ago, so the craft runs deep in our blood. Starting way-back-then, James A. Travis started painting railroad bridges and depots based out of Lampasas, Texas, and would later pass the business on to his sons Charles and L.E. (Ed) in 1916. By 1927, the family business had been relocated to San Antonio and in 1939 the company took on its first “industrial” sandblasting and painting projects. By 1952, L.E. (Ed) Travis Jr. had taken the reins and expanded the work of the company across the state, so much so that his three sons, L.E. (Ed) III, Ronald, and William (Bill), joined the company in the 1970s. Each brother grew into their own related painting company, pursuing either commercial or industrial projects statewide.
Through the 1980s, Travis Industrial Painters became the premier water tank and tower painting contractor in the state of Texas, building a successful reputation as an industry leader and pioneer of new technologies. By the 1990s the name had changed to Travis Industries, reflecting the evolving technology of the industry, the variety of Customers served, and the wide variety of services provided, and the fifth generation of the family had entered the business.
We value the legacy of superior service that comes with our history, but we know that our business cannot be rooted in the past. It is our goal to continue to look forward, providing solutions to our Customer’s needs through superior service, attention to detail, skilled craftsmanship and new technologies.